of Chief Psychologists with Ontario School Boards is
a voluntary professional organization dedicated to
the promotion and development of psychological services
in schools in the best interests of the students, parents
and the school community.
Our members are all Chief or Senior psychologists of Ontario
school boards who have extensive training and experience in
assessment, diagnosis and treatment of children with learning
and behavioural problems.
Our goal with this website is to provide reliable and research-based
information to help students, parents, teachers and others
better understand many of the psychological issues related
to learning and development.
We hope that you will find this information useful. Feel free to share it with others: we only ask that our postings not be used for commercial purposes.
Please note: JOBS are posted on the home page, bottom left, and are no longer in the navigation menu.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, this mission may be achieved by:
- Providing a support and network function for the members.
- Providing professional development and continuing education
opportunities for members.
- Establishing liaisons with other professions, organizations
and government agencies relevant to psychology and psychological
services in schools.
- Contributing to the development of the profession of psychology
and/or appropriate psychological services in schools.
- Serving as an information and educational resource about
psychology in the schools.
- Carrying out further functions related to the above.